You were always my favorite and this will forever be one of my favorite songs.
If you don’t know why this is so important to me, then you shouldn’t be reading my blog. Vanity Fair’s May cover girl is AUDREY HEPBURN. I know it’s a really big cliche for ladies to be into Audrey (I was here first, bitches) and that women have been categorizing themselves as “An Audrey” or “A Marilyn” since the 1960’s.
Or a Jackie. You get it.
But this really makes my heart melt. I remember the Marilyn issue a few years ago. I plastered the photo spreads on my dorm room walls and even used it for a project in a magazine journalism class. Now that I’m an “adult,” I can assure you that this cover will be coveted and placed in an actual frame somewhere in our one bedroom.
Okay, done fan-girling. Here you go:
80s-inspired. Black and white. Pouting.
I want to marry this woman.
For British GQ’s May 2013 issue, Emma Watson can be seen in character as Nicki from The Bling Ring and I could not be more ecstatic. Hoops, hair extensions, fake tattoos, tacky accessories, cut out Pretty Woman-esque dress, frappuccino… it’s brilliant. Enjoy!
This is Niykee Heaton. You might already know her. She’s gotten quite a bit of attention from her YouTube videos. So much so that Complex wrote this article about her back in December, referring to her as “The White Girl Who Covered “Love Sosa.”
She’s super swaggy and posts the kinds of pictures on Instragram that make all the boys go cray. But instead of writing her off as some chick guys (including my boyfriend) think is hot, I’m totally on her team. Not only is Niykee a complete babe, but she’s got ridiculous talent to back up that swagger. And I’m not talking about her recently anticipated “twerk” video, which will probably OWN the Miley version.
Check out some of her covers below. She has original material on her channel as well. You’re welcome, guys.
“Are You That Somebody?”
In case you live under a rock, The Bling Ring is FINALLY coming out this summer. I’m sure the anticipation is really overwhelming, so to tide you over, here is a comprehensive checklist of things to do in the meantime.
1. First, watch the trailer. Thank Sleigh Bells for the gift that is “Crown on the Ground.” Repeat as desired.
2. While simultaneously reading Nancy’s Jo’s Vanity Fair piece, “The Suspects Wore Louboutins.” Journalism at its best and you can trust me because that’s what my degree is in.
3. If you feel the need, you can then check out Law & Order: LA Season 1: Episode 1 “Hollywood,” which is loosely based on the events that took place.
4. But more importantly, watch all of Pretty Wild on Netflix. Whether or not you even care about the upcoming movie, I assure you this series is time well spent. Hours. Of. Entertainment. Endlessly trashy. You’re welcome.
5. Read up on all of TMZ’s coverage of the crimes here. Again, more groundbreaking journalism. And unflattering mug shots!
6. Finally, here is some wardrobe inspiration so you can totally look the part: